Google Sitemap
title : Google Sitemap version : 1.0 author : Andre "Guandalug" Meiske licence : GPL description : Create a XML-based Google Sitemap phpCMS version: 1.2.x
GPL (licence content will be added later)
 Short Description
You want to build a Google Sitemap (as described by Google on http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/docs/en/about.html ), but you don't want to do it manually? This plugin takes your menu file definition and turns it into a XML-based sitemap, just like the sitemap generator provided by phpCMS does for clear-text sitemaps.
Using this plugin is really easy, as it's meant to be mostly 'stand-alone' - it ties in to phpCMS of course, but the only interaction with your page is the analysis of your menu file. Therefore, the installation instructions are short:
- Extract the Archive within your plugin-directory (will create a 'GoogleSitemap/' subdirectory)
- Copy the file 'xml_sitemap.ini' to wherever you put your .ini-files (for me, that usually is the '/template/' - directory), and adapt it to match your setup (especially your .mnu - file).
- Copy the file 'xml_sitemap.tpl' - file into your templates - folder (again, that's '/template/' for me, usually). Just make sure the '.ini'-file mentioned above has the correct path to the template. If your plugin-dir is properly configured,there is no need to change anything within this file
- Copy the file 'xml_sitemap.htm' into your document root and alter the project line accordingly to your setup. There is no need for anything else beside this project line in this file
- Create a .htaccess rule to silently forward requests for sitemap.xml to xml_sitemap.htm:
RewriteEngine on RewriteRule ^sitemap.xml http://www.example.org/xml_sitemap.htm [L]Alternatively, you can rename the file 'xml_sitemap.htm' to 'sitemap.xml' and modify your phpCMS setup to parse '.xml'-files as well.
 Development Status / known bugs
The plugin is to be considered 'stable', and there are no known bugs right now. If you found any, report them over at the phpCMS support forum.
 Version History
- 2004-04-18 - Release of Version 1.0